APA’s PayTrain® College & University Program
Advance your payroll career while ensuring your organization’s payroll compliance at EMU–Livonia. The two courses in this series meet Thursday evenings, 6–9 p.m.:
- PayTrain Mastery Skills | Jan. 10–March 28, 2013
- PayTrain Fundamental Skills | Sept. 19–Nov. 7, 2013
Enroll in Eastern Michigan University’s PayTrain Fundamentals® and PayTrain Mastery® courses today! As a payroll professional, you know how important it is to maintain your company’s compliance by keeping up with the constantly changing regulations and procedures. Staying current is as important to your company’s bottom line as it is to your career.
The PayTrain College & University program is designed to increase your knowledge of payroll compliance from a basic understanding to an advanced level, and prepare you for the Fundamental Payroll Certification (FPC) and Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) certification exams.
Are you or your staff interested in preparing for the FPC or CPP certification exams? Or are your or members of your staff new to the industry and need to learn the basics of payroll, our courses will help you meet your goals.
What Is PayTrain College & University?
In cooperation with the American Payroll Association, Eastern Michigan University presents the PayTrain College & University program for payroll professionals. Comprised of two professional development courses, PayTrain Fundamentals and PayTrain Mastery, this program is designed for all levels of payroll administration. Students in the courses receive live classroom instruction, textbooks and access to interactive online games and applications to reinforce topics learned.
Why Enroll in a PayTrain College & University course?
You will gain:
- A foundation of knowledge for starting or advancing your payroll career
- Improved job performance by increasing accuracy and compliance
- Reducing your company's exposure to penalties
- Access to a network of peers to learn about payroll practices in other organizations
- Solid grounding in compliance issues related to tax and regulatory information
- Preparation for the FPC and CPP exams
- Recertification credit hours (RCHs) or continuing education units (CEUs) to maintain FPC or CPP credentials if you are already a FPC or CPP
Who Should Enroll in PayTrain Fundamentals?
- Entry-level employees in the payroll department
- Practitioners, consultants and service providers new to the payroll industry
- Individuals working in payroll who need formal training
- Fundamental Payroll Certification (FPC) exam candidates
- FPCs needing recertification credits
Who Should Enroll in PayTrain Mastery?
- Payroll departments requiring compliance training
- Payroll professionals seeking professional development
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) exam candidates
- CPPs needing recertification credits